Why is it so darned easy to complain? We complain to our spouses, our friends, our neighbors and to our dogs – Yes, Shelby sometimes hears me complain. While, I am generally happy with my life, sometimes, we can all forget about the goods things life has to offer. Here are ten things I am grateful about.
- My Mom: Even though this list is not written in any order, my Mother is on top because she sacrificed her youth to make sure I was brought up properly. She made a lot of sacrifices to make sure that I had everything growing up. Thanks Mom, I love you!
- My Girlfriend: Jenn and I have been together for a year now. I am grateful to have her in my life. Together, we’re like best friends and we love to travel, ski and do all sorts of stuff, all the time. Love you, Jenn!
- My Friends: Without my friends, I would be lost. I can’t remember a time when my friends weren’t there for me. If I ever need anything, all I have to do is send out a “Will Signal” (as apposed to a bat signal. LOL) and they are there. Besides that, they love to Ski and most are Entrepreneurs like me and being around like-minded friends is amazing!
- My past failures: Actually, I don’t like to consider anything a failure. In fact, it was Thomas Edison who wrote, “I haven’t failed, I’ve found 10,000 ways that don’t work.” Seriously, if it weren’t for my past failures, I would not have this web site or something to write about. Each time I fail, I fail forward and with it, I carry a new seed for a new opportunity.
- Books: For less than $20, you can buy a book and learn a lot from someone who has made a ton of mistakes and lived to tell about it. All the wisdom after reading a book is priceless and I just love that. This is precisely why I have formed the habit of reading one book a week!
- The Internet: I’ve been making my living on the Internet since 2001. Lets face it, without the Internet, life would be really difficult. Imagine everyone running around like a headless chicken because they can’t check their Facebook Status every 5 minutes? OMG what do I do? AHHHHH!
- My Health: At 37 years of age, I have the energy level of a 21 year old! I take care of myself and take my vitamins daily. I also get a sick workout 4-days a week and I love to ride my Trek road bike when the weather is nice. So grateful to be in good health. Without it, I would not be able to accomplish anything.
- My Dog: My dog, Shelby keeps me very happy and centered. She not only brings a smile on my face but lowers my stress as well. We take long walks 2-3 times per day often traveling for miles and it gives me peace to clear my mind and become centered once again.
- Freedom: I can come and go as I please no one owns me. That’s why I believe that “no man is free, who is not a master of himself.” Besides that, I have the ability to choose and plan my day the way I want to run it. This alone is priceless!
- Our Customers: First off, thank you very much! It’s my customers that put food on our plate every day. In return, I plan to give as much value as I can. Lets hope they stick around!
What are you grateful for? I would love to read a few things you can write about!